Centenary of the Stone Cross War Memorial, Tutbury Priory Church
The War Memorial in St Mary’s Priory Churchyard was Dedicated on May 2nd 1920, at the time listing the 47 Fallen from WWI.
Due to Covid-19 we could not mark the Centenary but we have now laid a Laurel Wreath (as would have been used in 1920) on the Memorial as a belated marking of the Centenary and in Memory of the Fallen from Tutbury and the surrounding area (a number were from north of the river in what is now Hatton).
The Wreath will be moved to the Wreath Holders later in the week.
The Wreath was generously made and donated by Lilies florists in Tutbury for which we are very grateful.
“Greater Love Hath No Man Than This That A Man Lay Down His Life For His Friends”
- 100 Years
- Centenary of the Tutbury War Memorial
- How “The Burton Boys” Won the War
- The Project
- Tutbury Names of the Fallen
- Tutbury WW II Roll of Honour
- Tutbury WW II Roll of Honour – British Legion
- War Memorials – Other
- War Memorials – St. Mary’s
- Wreath Holders